People often ask how they can help with the media project, and or with the open source learning center we are in the process of setting up. The answer depends a lot on your life situation, level of motivation, and availability. Right now we maintain online communication with select network of online activists/bloggers. Our current situation prevents us from spending all day chatting and debating online (we live off-grid, with limited electricity and mobile only internet access), and we have found that when requesting assistance for digital work (graphic design etc…) communications often take up more time than is gained. In the long term, we will be giving priority to on-site collaboration (that’s where this gets interesting).
- Spread videos, articles and memes on social media.
- Start a blog or Facebook page.
- Network with bloggers and/or public figures.
- Hang up posters, pass out flyers or post stickers around town.
- Organize documentary nights at your house.
- Connect with existing organizations in your area, and network with activists.
- Talk to a random person about something that matters.
A lot of you have expressed interest in coming to help out on site with the open source learning center we are building. We’re almost ready. Our goal is to be ready to accept visitors starting in the Summer of 2017. Be sure to sign up for email updates if you want to be notified when we start accepting applications.